Monday, December 2, 2019

A Couple of Quotes

Dear Oliver,

Just a couple of things to jot down quickly.
  • The other day I got a call on my phone from a number I didn't recognize so I didn't answer it. It called right back so I answered that time. Your voice on the line said, "Hey Mom, it's me, your kid Oliver." I thought it was funny how you said that. You were calling to ask if you could get off at an earlier bus stop near the entrance to Maricopa because a kid on the bus wet their pants and it smelled bad. I said to plug your nose and go to your regular stop. 
  • I don't remember exactly what you were talking about but you said, "We have Dad with us. We'll be fine."
  • For the past few months I have let you ride your bike to and from piano lessons here in our neighborhood. You're doing it and have been very responsible. I love that I can trust you more and more.
  • I don't think I took note of it here but you advanced to a yellow belt in karate in September. You worked so hard to memorize your combinations. You demonstrated them perfectly. Dad and I got to watch and we were so proud of you!
  • Right now you want to be an inventor. You are interested in Science, which I think is really cool. You also want to be a famous artist. I can see that you love to express yourself creatively. I told you my great grandfather, Betran Youth Andelin, was a famous artist and you thought that was pretty cool. We have one of his paintings (of an ocean) in our front room. It is fun seeing your strengths and interests. You also seem to enjoy playing the piano quite a bit.
  • The other night I was in your room with you at bedtime. You told me, "I feel safe when you're in my room." I loved hearing that. 
  • Recently you saw my to-do list sitting on the counter and exclaimed, "Wow, you have a lot going on!" 
  • Lately we have been having weekly 1:1 time again and I think it's really good for our relationship. I love spending that time with you.








Love you Bud.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment