Friday, December 30, 2016

Overdue for an update

Dear Oliver,

This update is long overdue.

September
  • I asked you and Josh to put the cushions back on the couch. You said to Josh, "We will listen to Mom for she is our captain." That made me laugh.
  • One day you exclaimed to me, "Norah is so cute how she has one little eye and one normal eye. We're lucky!" That melted my heart and brought a huge smile to my face. 
  • One day when you were feeling frustrated, you exclaimed, "I hate patience!" 
  • You accidentally kicked your ball into the neighbor's yard. When we went to get it, you saw they were hispanic and said "Gracious" when they handed it to you instead of "Thank you." I thought that was pretty awesome. 
  • You started meeting with a Psychologist, Dr. Prince, at the end of this month. You have difficulty controlling your emotions and get angry a lot. We want to help you so we're trying this out. You seem to like meeting with him. It seems like you appreciate that we are trying to help you. You liked your first meeting with him and especially liked our 1:1 time together afterward for ice cream. 
October
  • When I was volunteering in your classroom recently, your teacher, Mrs. Feerer, asked me if you're a vegetarian. You had apparently told your teacher and classmates that you're a vegetarian because you like vegetables. :) You definitely eat meat (even though I don't eat much of it myself) but I love that you love veggies too. You're such a great eater. I'm so proud of you. 
Eleanor gets so excited when she gets to see you after school. She loves you. 
Captain Hook, a pirate and Tinkerbell



Carving pumpkins with Grandma & Grandpa Schultz



You lost your second tooth on Halloween. Very exciting!

November 
  • In one of your prayers this month, you said, "We're thankful for freedom, for our flag, for our country, for bugs, and people to play with." That made me smile.
December 
  • I asked you if you wanted Puffins (cereal) for breakfast. You replied, "Puffins just aren't my thing." 
  • When you were frustrated with me one day, you said, "You and me have a hard time on earth." It makes me sad that we sometimes have conflict and get frustrated with each other but on the other hand, I love your eternal perspective in this statement. I hope you know how much I love you, no matter what, even when we have hard days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment