Monday, March 12, 2018

Your Baptism

Dear Oliver,

You were baptized yesterday! It was an exciting day for our family.



A few things I will remember:
  • You had lots of family and friends there to support you, including Grandma Utah from Utah, Grandma and Grandpa Schultz, Aunt Meagan, Abby and Avery from Texas, Wayne and Lily an their family from Cottonwood, Levi and Amalie (who live in Gilbert, AZ), Dad and Dot from San Diego, and some friends from school (AJ Anderson, Christan Daniels and your best friend, Carlos Luna (who joined us for lunch at the park after the baptism). Many others wish they could have been there, including Aunt Lindsey (who lives in Utah) and Aunt Mamie and Uncle Geoff (who are in Greece right now).
  • You were baptized with Asher Balinski, whose grandparents are in our ward (but Asher lives in Wisconsin). The Balinski Family thought the baptism was being held at the Stake Center so by the time they got to the right place, we were running behind and had to rush things a bit (because another ward was after us for with another baptism).
  • Watching Dad baptize you truly brought joy to my heart and tears to my eyes. You may not know that feeling until you baptize your own child. It is emotional. I am grateful you have a father who is worthy to hold the Priesthood and was able to baptize you. Dad told me he could tell you felt connected to him after being baptized in the dressing room and on in the chapel for the remainder of the service. 
  • The blessing Dad gave you when he confirmed the Gift of the Holy Ghost on you was beautiful. I don't remember everything he said but I remember he talked about the Holy Ghost being the greatest gift we have here on earth, which I agree with. I am grateful for this gift and know I would be lost without it. I am grateful you have been given this gift to guide, comfort, warn and protect you and to confirm truth. 
  • We met at a park up the street after your baptism for lunch. You had fun playing with your cousins and friends. Dad brought his drone and that was a big hit. It got stuck in a tree at one point. 
  • Josh accidentally locked Norah and the babies in the Tahoe and him and me out of it before we left for the park. I was a little stressed so it took me a few minutes to realize that although Norah couldn't undo her carseat belt, she could reach over and unlock the door. 
  • I slipped and fell while trying to get the babies' carseats out of the Tahoe and bruised my knee and my ribcage.
  • We had dinner that evening at Grandma and Grandpa Schultz's home. You had a blast playing with your cousins.

I am very proud of you for taking this step to follow Jesus Christ's example by being baptized. You are an amazing kid and we love you so much. 

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment